While you stay at the Shady Rest Motel you might be interested in checking out the events and attractions that are around Tyndall!
- Birding, hunting, fishing, canoeing/kayaking on the Missouri River which is 10 miles south of Tyndall. Golfing is located 3 miles west of town on Highway 50 and disk golfing is located at the city park as well as the kids fishing pond. The swimming pool is 1 block west of the city park/fishing pond.
- Hosted by the Chamber of Commerce and is customer appreciation night. Hotdog night is hosted on the second week of June.
- (Front of courthouse) Gift to the City of Tyndall. Take your picture next to the Eiffel Tower!
Bon Homme Heritage Museum
- Located on the corner of Main St. and 14th St. Open during the summer on Sundays from 1pm-4pm. Also open by appointment by calling 605-589-3869
- Corral - located on Main St. / 605-589-3761 (Breakfast and Lunch)
- Casey's General Store - located on Hwy 50 & Main St. / (605) 589-3663 (Convenience-store chain offering fuel, drinks & food, including pizza, sandwiches & baked goods.)
- Gibby's Bar & Grill - Located on Main St. / 605-589-3735 (Open for lunch and dinner. Closed Sunday)
- Schmidt's Convenience - Main St. / 605-589-3326 (Open 7 days a week. Locally-owned offering fuel, pizza, tacos, burritos, and submarine sandwiches. Also available ATM.)
Hosted by Tabor which is 10 miles east on Highway 50. It is the 3rd weekend in June. It has become so popular and so well attended that it was listed in Top Events USA as one of the top 10 events to see in South Dakota in 2009.